Monday, February 9, 2009

Owensboro puts rebranding on hold, can't think of anything good to say

Well, they always say if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything. Maybe thats a stretch for this situation, but according to this report, the city of Owensboro has gone back to the drawing table for a new catchy slogan after their three suggestions were all put down by the community.

I'll tell you what Owensboro - instead of spending the $50,000 to let a professional come up with a slogan - I'll do it for $25,000. . .ah heck, I've got so much pride in my hometown I'll do it for free.

The good thing about my branding strategy is that you guys won't have to change a thing about your strategy for the city to fit with the brand. Why this slogan has a tourism aspect in it and really tells the world where Owensboro is heading. Are you ready for it. . .

Visit Owensboro. . .Future Ghost Town!!!


P.S. I guess i cant take full credit for this slogan, I did hear it from someone else. If you can prove you came up with it. . .why I'll split all the profits we make from selling it to the city.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man......this is WHY we left. It was, is, and will never cease to be a ghost town. Makes us sad when we come in to see the family. And so happy as we drive back home. Also.... I mean, I hate to even say this, but it STINKS around there. I mean what IS that smell? Is it the river? We never noticed the smell when we lived there, I guess you must get used to it, but when we visit, good gracious...it just REEKS! We love you guys that still live there, but life elsewhere is so much better. There IS life outside of the "Big O"...escape when you can!!!!

    ReplyDelete