Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring shows it's face (finally)

We've (finally) had some good weather. The past week or so has seen highs in the 60's and 70's. Of course, we've had a few thunderstorms to go along with it. It looks like spring will go back into hiding later in the week but the warm days we've had have been much appreciated. The farmers around here, of course, are about to crawl out of their skin waiting to get into their fields but thats another story.

The nice weather has put the Curmudgeon in a thankful mood. I've got to be thankful that my job is pretty secure. With the economy going into the tank, I don't think I could be in a more secure setting work-wise. Thankfully, this depression (yes I'm calling it a depression) has not caught up yet with my workplace. As a matter of fact, while the world has been going to hell-in-a-handbasket, the past three years has been the most productive time of my life. This past year, I've had more work than I knew what to do with and to be honest, I was fast approaching burn-out, but with the vacation and forcing myself to slow down, the burn-out has been averted for now. The next few months look to be just as busy if not busier (there is even a slight possibility of the project I'm working on going into warp speed, meaning I get crazy busy). Thats not a bad place to be.

Of course, with all this going on, I have put together a pretty impressive little package of experience and there are some other pastures out there that are looking pretty green. Yes, there are actually still some green pastures out there, at least in the industry I work in. If I wasn't afraid that we were on the fast track to revisit the stone age, I wouldn't be so concerned about trying to jump the fence. So, here I stand with a secure job but one I think I am quickly outgrowing. Do I stay put and ride this depression out, or do I try and make the jump?

1 comment:

  1. Wondered what in the world had happened to you...thanks for getting back in the swing of things and writing again. Oh, and by the way...YOU ARE HILARIOUS! Also,if I may add, highly intellgent. But hold on..don't quit your day job quite yet.

    ReplyDelete